June 17, 2021
The 2020–21 Illinois Student Advisory Council spent months researching how to use the current influx of education funding to make the biggest impact for students. This webinar, hosted by the Region 9 Comprehensive Center, features their instrumental recommendations to help all students achieve educational success and incorporate student voices in decision-making. Topics include addressing the post COVID-19 achievement gap; student safety and emotional well-being; and diversity, equity, and inclusion. These young leaders have presented their ideas to the Illinois P–20 Council, Push Excel’s National Education Summit, and the Illinois State Board of Education.
- Webinar Slides (PDF)
- Illinois Student Advisory Council
- Illinois State Board of Education Strategic Plan
- Summer Learning and Enrichment Collaborative
- This 6-Step Checklist Can Help District and School Leaders Plan to Use Federal Funds to Support Learning Recovery
- How Can We Leverage American Rescue Plan Funds to Improve Equity in Education?
- Ask A Regional Educational Laboratory Service
- Aaron Butler, Region 9 Comprehensive Center
- Alicia Espinoza, Region 9 Comprehensive Center
- Leo Krueger, Vandalia High School
- Theo Johnson, Urbana High School
- Daniel Labrousse, Region 9 Comprehensive Center
- Serena Thakkar, St. Charles East High School
- Araha Uday, Schaumburg High School
- Molly Uhe-Edmonds, Illinois State Board of Education
- Eric Veal Jr., Willowbrook High School
- Kaitlyn Zhou, Neuqua Valley High School
Photo by Allison Shelley for EDUimages.